Oregon Sand Dunes Day 3

Oregon Sand Dunes Day 3

I wake up to the sound of my friends voices as they talk and argue. It’s too early I think to myself as I get out of my sleeping bag, I leave the tent and look at breakfast and my stomach rumbles. After a nice breakfast we hopped in the car and head to the dunes.

When we arrive at the dunes we get out, walk into the forest and down a trail. We talk and amble along the trail until the dunes are in sight. We gather at the edge of the dunes at the top of the hill. I look out at the emence dunes infront of me and really see them for the first time. We came here last night but only for a few minates, not enough time to  really appreciate the beauty of this place.

David talks to us about our plans for the next few hours and we head down the hill. At the bottom we inspect a spider running along the ground, looking at the tiny tracks it leaves behind it.

Next David and tash have found some coyote tracks for us to look at, we all get down on our stomachs putting ourselves in opposite of the sun. After a few minates David calls us over to talk about the possible animal that the track could have been, then David says “Ok time for lunch and free time guys!”. As I sit and eat I realize how tired I am. I finish up my lunch and pull my hoodie over my head so I look like a ninja. I lay down and think “I’ll just lie down for a second…” I’m woken up forty minates later by Andrew.

One thought on “Oregon Sand Dunes Day 3