Oregon Sand Dunes Day 3 pt.2

Oregon Sand Dunes Day 3 pt.2

i stood up and looked over to see victor still fast asleep, a few moments later his shoe laces where tied together and he was awoken to everyone telling him to run three steps forward. Luckily for him he didn’t face plant.

We left for the beach and it was a very long walk! We finally arrived at the beach but it was very cold and windy and no one wanted to swim. We found some more tracks that we thought where coyotes tracks but you can never really know for sure unless you see the animal.

We walked back and everyone was very tired by the time we came back to where we began. David had one more challenge for us. We divided into teams of three. Galen, Andrew and I we a team going against Massimo, Fynn and Victor. The challenge was to walk through a square in the sand while the other team was looking the other way, then the other team had to look and guess what had happened in the square. The first round the team against us guessed right and got a reward (granola bar). On our turn we guessed right as well and got a reward too. We where going to do three rounds each but we didn’t have time.

We headed back up the trail and back to the car. When we arrived at our campsite we made a roaring fire and some dinner. Then we played for a little then it was bed time.

Oregon Sand Dunes Day 3

Oregon Sand Dunes Day 3

I wake up to the sound of my friends voices as they talk and argue. It’s too early I think to myself as I get out of my sleeping bag, I leave the tent and look at breakfast and my stomach rumbles. After a nice breakfast we hopped in the car and head to the dunes.

When we arrive at the dunes we get out, walk into the forest and down a trail. We talk and amble along the trail until the dunes are in sight. We gather at the edge of the dunes at the top of the hill. I look out at the emence dunes infront of me and really see them for the first time. We came here last night but only for a few minates, not enough time to  really appreciate the beauty of this place.

David talks to us about our plans for the next few hours and we head down the hill. At the bottom we inspect a spider running along the ground, looking at the tiny tracks it leaves behind it.

Next David and tash have found some coyote tracks for us to look at, we all get down on our stomachs putting ourselves in opposite of the sun. After a few minates David calls us over to talk about the possible animal that the track could have been, then David says “Ok time for lunch and free time guys!”. As I sit and eat I realize how tired I am. I finish up my lunch and pull my hoodie over my head so I look like a ninja. I lay down and think “I’ll just lie down for a second…” I’m woken up forty minates later by Andrew.

oragon sand dunes

In the sand dunes in oragon we found some bear tracks.

but we didnt know they were bear so we took a look. When I was looking closly at the bear tracks I now noticed i would dase out and just wach the sand move peace by peace and it was pretty cool cause some times the sand wouldnt fall into the track it would fall out and for some  reson no mater how windy it was the sand fell down so slow i thout the wind would move the sand around way more.

As i lay on the ground i found the wind was so cold but the part of my body the was on the ground was warm cause the sand had so much warmth it was so nice to some times just lay in the sand and get the one glove i was waring sandy.

Some times i would look at every one else and see how they would do sertent thing difrent then me i mean we all do thing diferently but i found some of it oud.

Before we even found the bear track we found a set of cioutty tracks going across the sand dunes to the other forest so we just wached them as the sand went over them and eventoly they were gone.

Something i can put a lot of detaill into was on the first day when me saw this spider and we put it on the sand and you could see where it landid if you looked close enuf it looke like a tiny bom went off and put the big dent in the ground but as we saw it running we could see sand kicking back and little stubs in the ground the looked like someone stuck some grass in the ground it also look just like a small trail.

What was fun was me and massimo running from every body and in stead of running after us they got to track us wich was much better then just running in a randome drection hopeing to finde us.

There was one part of the sand dunes were there were straw berrys plants. there were so meny plants but it was so hard to find the fruit. But in the end we got a lot and eight them all together.